Graphics card help Ubuntu 20.04 new install

I just installed 20.04 mate and my graphics card did not install automagically on an ubuntu install for the first time. Little lost. Details are below on my hardware.

Can someone assist with the driver I need to install? Thanks.

@ubuntumate:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Stoney [Radeon R2/R3/R4/R5 Graphics] (rev eb)

Hi Joe,

did you do an upgrade to 20.04 from a different version of UM, or was it a clean install?. :grinning:

Clean install of Ubuntu Mate 20.04.....

Hi Joe,

AMD drivers are part of the kernel so your problem might be a faulty installation. Did you check the disk for defects when you booted the Live CD?. Did you do your own formatting or use the auto install function?.

I suggest a clean install using the following method if you have a root and home partition!. :grinning:

Same here too. I found that I could boot in safe mode.
Currently install amd 20.20 driver from https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-amdgpu-unified-linux-20-20. See if that works.

Can tell me how you did?

Hi MSpeers,

you do have AMD Gpu and not Nvidia?. :thinking:

Yes, found out changing the Mate Tweak Windows Manger to Marco (No compositor) fixed the issue.

@wolfman is there any information that can help out to fix or change this issue?
Good to help out