Great distro - some ideas

Thank you for this great distro!

I have recently installed Ubuntu Mate 18.04.1 and i'm really happy.

Since this section is called Thoughts & Feedback, i would consider the following:

1. The audio volume indicator on the panel: in my previous distro, lubuntu, pressing the middle mouse button was enought to mute it. I think it would be nice.

2. Terminal default config: ubuntu 18.04 non mate has a nicer prompt imho. i don't think it will waste that much resources, but i think it could be a good improvement.

3. themes and panel. I'm currently using redmond theme, with only a lower panel. If i make it tiny (24 pixel) some icons and notification are clipped on the lower and higher part.

4. cosmetical... some icons on the panel are bigger than others.

5. i have tried the live on a Lenovo L380. This is a Linux general problem, but imho the trackpad is too fast. Windows (yes...) allows to choose a much lower speed. I think sometimes it could be nice.

6. Again, congratulations to all the developers and keep up the great work!

6 Likes

Great thoughts. Agreed

1 Like

I'm trying to get prompt with colors

the .bashrc is the same as ubuntu 19.04 that features a color prompt... i don't know why.

Anyhow, to get a color prompt just uncomment force_color_prompt=yes in that file.

I really don't agree with comments! A visible prompts imho really helps to understand things.

# uncomment for a colored prompt, if the terminal has the capability; turned
# off by default to not distract the user: the focus in a terminal window
# should be on the output of commands, not on the prompt
force_color_prompt=yes

I have seen that point 1,2,3,4 have been addressed in the future 20.04 lts release!

Thank you and keep up the great work!!!