Having trouble establishing a DSL connection

Hello…

I’m having trouble establishing a DSL/PPPoE connection on Ubuntu MATE 18.04. After installing it a couple of days ago, I had no trouble at first. But then suddenly I started getting notifications saying that “I’m disconnected from the network”, even though I was browsing the web. The network icon applet was constantly showing busy.

Then suddenly I’m unable to connect to the network at all.

Things are all okay on Windows(I’m on a dual boot). I tried the posted solution of here, but had no success.

Back in the Ubuntu 16.04 and its derivatives, whenever a DSL connection was created, the name of that connection appeared on the panel applet; just clicking that established the connection. That isn’t the case anymore.

Anyhow, I’d very much appreciate it if someone could provide me with some kind of solution to this problem. As this is my first major post seeking help and support, I’m begging pardon if I’ve made any mistakes and violated any rules…

Thanks in advance…

Hi @Apollonius,

boot into a different kernel at boot time then try changing your software sources download location and updating again, it may fix the problem?:

Thanks for replying…
I will keep your solution in mind… but I’m having another strange issue here- at times I’m getting disconnected all of a sudden and I have to restart my PC to get connected again!:confused: The busy applet issue still persists…