Highlight Mouse Cursor

Hi
Does anyone know how to have the mouse cursor highlighted ie: have a colored ring around it?

Thanks

Maybe the following is appropriate -

dconf Editor, org, mate, desktop, peripherals, mouse, checkmark “locate-pointer” and the cursor will be momentarily highlighted when you press and release the Control key.

1 Like

Not really, I have tried that. I ment it being highlighted the whole time like they do in some video tutorials.
Maybe theres cursor theme that I could add.

@rybena Take a look at this page from Askubuntu -

Thanks for your reply, none were quite what i was after but one led me in the right direction.

Ill post how I achieved it here just in case anyone else is interested.

I downloaded bDMZ cursor packs from this website https://www.gnome-look.org/p/999801/
Then I copied the extracted files/folders into “/usr/share/icons/” as root.
Next I opened the control center in Mate and chose the “Change Theme” option.
Then chose the “Customize” tab.
Then the “Pointer” tab. The new Icons are now in there to chose from. Several colors to chose from.

This is a really neat function! Too bad I cannot use it, since it seems to be allergic to Firefox menus and bookmark folders. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mate/+bug/1859465)

Sorry to necro-thread here BUT I am sure that you will be quite please to learn that YES there is such thing and I was about to open a help request and found your post :rofl:

After the need to do some screen capturing I installed the (quite magnificent) vokoscreenNG via sudo apt install vokoscreen-ng -y and after pressing a bunch of key (that I am still trying to figure out of) I have exactly just that: a colored ring around it for presentation.

I am attaching you a picture of it all with the hope to brighten your day up.

Cheers!

4 Likes

It's a very nice program. I have been using for quite awhile, replacing another program I was using.
Did note it took me a bit to figure out that STRG is the CTRL key.
Did not notice the Halo till you pointed it out.
Edit:
Can press round button to access color and size.

1 Like

Sub adding for those who might be looking for a key caster.
Used to use keymon for showing keypress's NLA 22.04
Switched to Screenkey and after awhile configured to my liking.
Also to quit left click in panel and quit.

2 Likes