I have replaced my previous media pc running ubuntu mate 15.04 and kodi with a new cheap intel nuc and mate 16.04. Everything works great, but I am having issues with my screen. After 10 minutes of not using my mouse or keyboard the screen will turn off. When I move the mouse the screen will come back on again, but then I have to change my sound settings back to HDMI.
I have tried these steps to resolve the issue:
- turned off system/preferences/look and feel/screensaver/activate screensaver when idle
- changed regard the computer as idle after to 2 hours
- changed preferences/hardware/power management/put computer to sleep when inactive for to Never
- gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 0
- gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.screensaver lock-enabled false
I use a cheap intel NUC NUC5CPYH with 8 gigs of ram and an 500GB drive. I started using ubuntu mate 16.04 when it was still in beta and kept updating it. I don’t really worry about the sound issue, I guess that will be resolved when the screen stays on. The nuc is connected with HDMI to an AV receiver that is connected to a beamer by HDMI.
Any tip to resolve my problem is welcome!