How do I downgrade from 19.10 to 19.04

Obviously 19.10 is not ready for prime time. 19.04 is a working system. How do I uninstall 19.10 and get back to 19.04. Obviously there are problems with regression testing before a version is released.

There is no downgrade path ... you could d/l the 19.04 iso and do a clean install.

Are you sure you aren't talking about 18.04?? 19.04 will be end of life in 2 months.

1 Like

I missed something. How is 19.10 "not ready for prime time" on your system? I'm using it on my Lenovo x250 and it's been working great for me. Is there a bug or something that I'm not noticing that is about to bite me? What's going on?

For one thing the HP printer driver HPLIP does not work. The number of mounted USB drives is limited. There is no indication that they fixed the problem with NTFS > 5TB.

I haven't heard of those issues before this for this release. Have you reported them?

The NTFS issue especially is new to me. Usually I use EXT4 for my external drives since it's much faster and more stable than NTFS in my experience. Are these issues not issues in the 19.04 version of Ubuntu?

I have reported these issues in the past. But they just keep being ignored and deleted. Ubuntu has not ubuntu. Nowadays I usually don't waste my time logging errors. The developers are spending all their time on new releases, not fixing problems.