How to change the Scaling to suitable size on Pocket 2?

I installed ubuntu mate on my m3-8100y pocket 2. it's works. but the screen is 1920 * 1200. the font and window is to tiny.
Then. use google i changed to HiDPI. but it's changed toooo big.

:frowning:

so, how to change scaling to suitable size?

@matthewlgm, welcome to the Ubuntu MATE community!

Have you tried changing the screen resolution? That would give you a little more fine control than the HiDPI setting.

https://guide.ubuntu-mate.org/#personalization-display

Hi, thanks your reply.

I has tried changing it. but have not one option (resolution) perfect match Pocket 2 screen.
In the Display setting. the Pocket 2 screen resolution is 1200 * 1920. other option is 1154 * 7?xx or like this.
that's reverse right and left.

I've never used a Pocket 2 so I'm not sure if there is another adjustment you can make but I have one last suggestion. It won't do anything for the size of icons and graphics but you can adjust the font sizes to make it a little more comfortable.

Control Center > Appearance > Fonts tab
Make the fonts bigger or smaller to suit.

1 Like

Exactly, I changed font's DPI from 96 to 120. it's comfortable much.

but. the button or something. still tiny.

i still think. why not provide a normal and HiDPI middle option. or how to manual control DPI value. if do not use GUI.

In the Ubuntu. Display setting have a option. call "fractional scaling". can scale from 100% (scaling by 1) to 200% (scaling by 2) or more with an increment of 25% (by 0.25) in between

and an article introduces a name call Dconf-Editor tool and some command for terminal like:
For X11:
$ gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features "['x11-randr-fractional-scaleing']"
For Wayland Display Server:
$ gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features "['scale-monitor-framebuffer'] "

but it's for gnome. i don’t know it‘s work or not on the mate desktop.

maybe it's close. let me check the mate desktop method.

Enable Fractional Scaling on Ubuntu (linuxhint.com)

In Ubuntu, the graphical backend is 'Mutter' which supports HiDPI fractional scaling.
In Ubuntu-MATE, the graphical backend is 'Marco' which does not support fractional scaling.
But you could use a theme with big buttons and big borders:

1 Like