How to disable network disconnect on ubuntu MATE 18.04 LTS

Hi,
i manage a few hundred workstations for students and sometimes, they click by mistake on 'disconnect network' instead of 'disconnect from session', so the workstation cannot be accessed anymore. Is there a way to disable "network disconnect" in NetworkManager ?
Thanks,

I simply click the network icon in the panel then click disconnect.

Unfortunately Ubuntu does not allow you to take a screen shot when a menu item is open. Otherwise I would have provided a pic.

Please check - Stop network disconnecting in Ubuntu and report back.

Hi, thanks for the help, but it did not solved my problem.

Maybe i explained not very well, my english is not fluent :slight_smile:

The network connection works very well, but sometimes, users push 'disconnect from network' in the NetWorkManager applet, instead of push 'disconnect from session' in the session manager.
The result is that disconnects the workstation from the network and it is impossible to reconnect, as the authentication is made by LDAP and account are mounted from NFS (automount). The only way is then to reboot the workstation.

I though to disable NetworkManager (put the main network interface in unmanage mode), but then i must manage by hand all physical interfaces, which are very different from a station to another (about 200 workstations ! ).

regards,