I have to download YouTube videos.
One method is to use VLC media player.
- while playing the youtube in a browser copy the url
- then open VLC and from file menu open network stream
- once playing got to tools menu > choose codec information
- bottom of window copy the location > paste location into a browser
- right click on playing video > choose save video as
Do use Firefox; Chrome doesn't like you downloading YouTube files, which figures.
Open a terminal and type
You can do it on websites for free just copy paste the youtube URL.