How to fix "Indicator Applet Complete has quit unexpectedly" error

I have been repeatedly getting an error upon logging into Ubuntu MATE saying that my "indicator applet complete" has quit unexpectedly. I can choose to reload it which fixes it, but when I reboot the computer or log out and log back in, the error comes back. I have found that running killall mate-panel once the error comes up will work to fix it. I tried making the computer run killall mate-panel every time I log in, but it doesn't always work correctly and when it does work, the error will show up for a second or two before the command runs and resets the panel, getting rid of the error. By the way, I am running Ubuntu MATE 18.04. If anybody knows a solution, please share.

I have been experiencing this error with Ubuntu MATE 18.04. I would appreciate any fixes people have found. Thank you.

[SOLVED] (unofficially).
I read on another site (not sure where) this problem was created by files in ./local/share/gvfs-metadata were owned by root and should have user permissions. There were two files created months ago with owned by root. I deleted them (there may have been duplicates?) and problem went away. I can't vouch for this solution, but mine is a home computer and was happy to have the fix. HTH