How to install Sonos on a 32 system

I tried to install the Sonos controller through Wine, but failed as the windows installshield requires to get the Microsoft .Net framework 4 Client installed, it runs endlessly and never installs. I'm new to Ubuntu and have no programming skills so a step by step process would be precious to me!!! thanks a lot!

Hi and welcome to the Ubuntu MATE Community
Can't you use Noson to control your Sonos system:
https://janbar.github.io/noson-app/index.html
If you want to install it as a snap package:

you just have to open a terminal and enter sudo snap install noson so as to install it.
It's available as a PPA too if you're allergic to snaps for whatever reason:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jlbarriere68/noson-app
sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y noson-app

Hi thanks a lot, it looked simple...but I did as you described -entered the sudo stuff, all went without error, except after that there was no Noson icon on the desktop, and no Noson application to be found in the Menu. (I'm new as I told you, so still learning things that are obvious for you I guess..) should I restart my PC, or?

You shouldn't need to restart for it to appear in the menu. It can some time to appear though.
You can try launching the app from a terminal by entering noson or noson-app as a command depending how you've installed it I guess.

Hi please forget previous message...Iinstalled it from the store...thanks anyway!

1 Like

You're welcome !
Feel free to look for alternatives whenever you need to use some piece of software that normally runs on Windows. They usually exist and can spare you some headaches.
Sometimes those solutions are great, sometimes they just work, sometimes they barely do the trick and sometimes they're just not good and in that case WINE can help.