How to launch HUD

I had a brain fart. I forget how to launch the HUD. I know how to call up the Brisk Menu with Super key, but forget how to launch the HUD. I think it was Alt and something. I searched the forum and Duck Duck Go but to no avail. :terminal:

Not sure if it applies with Brisk menu but on my compact menu it shows in MATE Tweak.

Thanks! yup have that but need keyboard shortcut.

Not sure what it is supposed to look like, nothing happens for me. In MATE Tweak hovering over enable hub seems to say Left Alt key which can be changed in article here:

https://github.com/ubuntu-mate/mate-hud

Note I have no clue.

ok will check when I get home. Thanks!

I can confirm what @mendy said above, that the left Alt key displays the HUD. Just press and release Alt once and the HUD should appear.

(I only know this because I accidentally displayed the HUD several times while testing out Ubuntu MATE 22.10. I soon figured out that indecisively pressing Alt was what I was doing to trigger the HUD.)

3 Likes

Thanks had to reseach more to see how it worked.

Was my error, Left Alt works on my system, had tried on Desktop with nothing open so nothing showed :grinning:
Also was thinking it was a transparent type overlay. Now I have a clue.

3 Likes

Bit late but found setting in dconf while looking for the gui menu.

3 Likes

I have HUD enabled w/ shortcut Alt+L yest it fails to appear?

1 Like

Thanks for helping me btw, I really appreciate it

1 Like

Sorry can't help. Did try in LibreOffice, Gimp and Inkscape and Left Alt pops up a HUD box like in post 7 above. Initially was thinking it was supposed to be transparent overly that I think was in Unity not the box. Oh well tried.

1 Like

Thanks for trying. I appreciate it

1 Like