How to play DRM content in Raspberry Pi 4?

Hello all,
I am running Ubuntu Mate 20.04, 64bit OS on Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) varient and have initially installed Chromium Browser and tried playing Amazon prime video in it but it gave me an error saying incompatible browser or something then I searched online and found that the Chromium Browser doesn't have the built-in Widevine installed so I followed the website

And installed the media edition of chromium browser but now it shows an error
" Your browser is missing a digital rights components. Go to chrome://components and under WidevineCdm. Click check for update."
So I tried to go to settings and as soon as I open settings in chrome browser the settings page crashes with ( Aw snap). And I am not able to go to settings to check the Protected content is Allowed or not :frowning::frowning:.

I also did try reinstalling chromium browser.
Can anyone please find a solution for this..

Can anyone confirm will this method to play DRM content on chromium work or not with the given link below https://www.andreafortuna.org/2019/09/24/how-to-install-latest-widevine-plugin-on-chromium/amp/

:smiley::smiley: Finally found a way to play DRM content on 64bit ubuntu 20.04.1 operating system the method to install chromium is given in the GitHub link below

I also would like to thank the creator of the script and Leepspvideo for making a video of how to install
Youtube Video link is given below

Only thing is that there is no direct gui way to open the Chromium browser

I hope the feature comes pre installed along with the official OS or as a patch update for the existing OS having firefox or chromium browser soon...:roll_eyes:

If you want to play DRM Amazon Music files on Raspberry Pi, then you can use this tool to help you. It is DRmare Amazon Music Downloader. It can convert Amazon Music to plain audios and you can save them to your device as local audio files. Then you can move the Amazon Music files to any device you like for playing.

Not sure about this - only available for Windows and MacOS
Derek

Did you go to chrome://components

Cannot see anything (relevant) there - what would you expect?

DRM on Pi 4 with Ubuntu Mate 20.4:
(If you don't choose Mate, Raspian is the easy way)

The shown way with Docker-chromium-armhf from monkaBlyat works well.
Now I can play Music from Tidal to my headphones.

But - is there a way to direct the music-stream to an external DLNA-device,
which I connect via pulseaudio-dlna?
The DLNA-device appears in pavucontrol, but not the Container-Stream!!

Thanks

By the way, to start chromium-armhf 'by GUI'

• Add to panel ...
  • Custom Application Launcher +Add
  • Type: Application in Terminal
  • Command : chromium-armhf
    That's it