How to play fortnite with ubuntu

good morning to everybody, im new in Ubuntu Community, i dont know what app or how to use Ubuntu to play Fornite, it doesnt let me do it, and also how to make phone calls, what app its necessary, thank you very much.

Hi Mar,

Fornite is currently not supported on Linux due to its EasyAntiCheat feature. I'm sorry, I find myself in the same situation with my children.
I invite you to know the Steam platform with a variety of games for Linux.

SteamOS + Linux en Steam (steampowered.com)

For conventional phone calls, you'll need a VoIP app (Empathy?) and probably a paid account for use. You can also use apps with a proprietary network that allow calls with the disadvantage that the two speakers must use the same app (Telegram?) I'm not up to date on this, and I can be wrong.

Regards.

There is a "Fortnight clone" called "Creative Destruction" listed under Fortnight on Play On Linux. I don't now how well it works as I am not a gamer.

thank you so much, ill try other games, and as for the calls i will have to studio other options🥰

Im gonna have a look at it, thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Actually Steam is also supported under Play On Linux, but again I am not a gamer, so have no idea how well it actually works.

For steam now the easier option would be in the native linux steam client go to settings -> steamplay and enable steamplay for supported tittles or for all titles. That will enable steam proton, which is valve packaging wine with some fixes from them. Now all you have to do is download the game from the client, no having a dedicated wine-steam version needed.

I don't game but Secret Garden says:
"Fornite is currently not supported on Linux due to its EasyAntiCheat feature. "
Secret Garden and your post are confusing. Is Fortnight supported on LInux or not?

Its not. Games that have EasyAntiCheat(which is a lot of popular online games) can not be played on linux as of now.

I was just replying to your downloading steam on playlinux. Enabling steam proton in the native linux steam client should be enough.

thank you very much im trying to get some ganes for my kids

No problem. Anything in particular that they are looking for aside from Fortnite?

Well, something similar, clash of royal, diferente pones it doesnt matter, im totally sueles hahaahah

Hmm, you mean a game of the battle royale genre? Can't say that linux has a lot of those. Only one I can think of is Counter Strike Global Offensive having a battle royale mode, called Danger Zone, but that game was not designed for that and it shows. It also doesnt have the cute art style that Fortnite seems to have so keep that in mind. At least its free so give it a look first.

Another free game is Team Fortress 2, or if they like building games and already have Minecraft, then Terraria is a cute 2D builder. This one is not free though.

but my problem, is that im new in Linux, Dont know what i have to do or to install , also im spanish and dont know if in my country is the same, thank you

Esos juegos que te recomende los encuentras en el programa de Steam, que lo puedes instalar poniendo lo siguiente en el terminal:

sudo apt install steam

Si lo quieres grafico, lo buscas en Software Boutique que esta instalado por defecto en Ubuntu Mate.
Despues de instalar Steam creas una cuenta y buscas los juegos ahi. Los juegos que tienen una version de Linux tienen un icono como este que esta en la derecha despues de windows y mac:

muchas gracias de verdad si tengo alguna duda contactaré contigo si no te importa gracias mil

Claro, no hay problema. :slight_smile:

Buenas tardes Cold, ok primero, lo he intentado y no puedo jugar a nada que sea gratuito, me sale todo como demo, no entiendo nada, please, me puedes decir step by step como hacer esto, gracias

¿Cuales estas tratando de descargar? Lo que yo hago es buscar el juego por el buscador y al entrar a su pagina me sale el boton de jugar.

Me puedes enseñar una foto de lo que tienes?

You can play with the heroic games launcher. I don't play fortnite i play fall guys with the heroic games launcher but i think it works

1 Like