How to update from 15.10 to 15.10.1/16.04

Is it possible to do without reinstalling system?

Hi,

try the following:

2 Likes

sudo do-release-upgrade it works! Thanks

2 Likes

Please mark best answer so others can see it is solved, thanks!. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Stuck at 15.10, cant update to 15.10.1 (well, now it should be 15.10.3)

If I run do-release-upgrade, nothing happens. However, if I put -d, I can update to 16.04, but the thing is I want the latest stable(15.10.3).
My sources are fully updated and I don’t know what else I can do!
However, my kernel version is 4.1.18, thought lsb_release -a returns ubuntu 15.10 willy

Hi @manudroid19,

have you tried changing your software sources download location and using a different server?:

1 Like

Yes, I did. I can’t try the recovery way, since it’s a raspberry pi 2 model b
wow, I’ve been looking at the changelog, and as it says here https://ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/ , the latest version includes bluez 5.35, Scratch 20151111 and Linux 4.1.18

I have all these packages, however, if I run lsb_release -a, I get:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 15.10 Release: 15.10 Codename: wily

I thought that maybe, I updated all the separate packages without updating the base, or maybe the decimals like 15.10.1 or 15.10.2 are not shown in lsb_release -a.
Can someone updated run that command and post here the result??

Hi,

I am running 16.04 Beta final and there are no decimal points on my readout?:

wolfman@wolfman-test:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu Xenial Xerus (development branch)
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial
wolfman@wolfman-test:~$

1 Like

well, i’m just waiting for 16.04 stable release on April 21th, I suppose in raspberry pi 2, it might take a few more days but what I need is stability, since it is running as a server 24/7

I should point out that my readout is for the normal DE and not for Raspi!. :smiley: