Hybrid language of english and finnish

Need help with my little but irritating language problem of combining finnish language and english. Example on top bar -> settings -> everything is in finnish but if i open preferences there those same settings are named in english.

So with command locale i see this:
LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=fi:sv:en
LC_CTYPE=“fi_FI.UTF-8”
LC_NUMERIC=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_TIME=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=“fi_FI.UTF-8”
LC_MONETARY=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=“fi_FI.UTF-8”
LC_PAPER=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_NAME=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=fi_FI.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

Is it that language line that interferes with my system? And if so how do i change that?

I have no idea how linux handles language localization, but @Monsta was seeing issues with the russian localization, so it might be two birds with one stone.

No, my issue was here on the site, not in the distro :slight_smile:

This one sounds like https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1594959

It’s just like that, apparently no fix for this?

Not yet. The problem is that translations are actually in the system, but they’re not stored in the .desktop files where we expect them to be. They’re stored in some place where m-c-c doesn’t look.
It seems to be Ubuntu-specific way of storing the translations. Debian does it the usual way with the .desktop files.

So no fix for now. Does anyone know is this only finnish related issue or does it concern other translations too? Hope there is fix coming to this at future.

It affects all the translations. They’re all stored in the same way.

Just curious, i’m currently running 16.04 LTS. Which version numbers this bug concerns, is it a way way back problem already?

The fix for this is now being tested. If you wish to test, look here: