I should quit responding with my cellphone (edited)

Iam.going to make fhis without any corrections to prove a oaint. I nake too manymistakes whr I type quickly witb my phone, whick makes me think teice about responding witb my phone because those mistakes.can last a.good long while before I bother to correct then. Any recommebdationa for a better jeyboard for use with Abdroid so I don’t have to be so.afraid about making excessive erroes?

Now I am home, this is how the post should read;

I am going to make this without any corrections to prove a point. I make too many mistakes when I type quickly with my phone, which makes me think twice about responding with my phone because those mistakes can last a good long while before I bother to correct them. Any recommendations for a better keyboard for use with Android so I don’t have to be so afraid about making excessive errors?

It deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

People can read sentences in which the letters are jumbled or wrong spelling. Human mind can deduce their meaning easily. But, there is always a cost (i.e., they never read them as quickly and efficiently as they read normal text).

1 Like

It isn’t that the human mind cannot deduce my typos, it’s that if I am responding to someone, especially with sensitive material such as commands to input I wouldn’t want to make a mistake and not know about it until it is too late. I do that enough as it is with mouse and keyboard, sat in fromt of my desktop and I regret every single misguidance I provide. Imagine if all I had was my cellphone and no physical keyboard, It is something I don’t wish to put myself through, part of the reason I bought a wireless keyboard to begin with.

(The other part of that being I couldn’t justify spending more than I needed to last month because I live on a fixed income and needed something to replace my laptop keyboard, until I receive a replacement for my laptop keyboard.)

Virtual keyboards are tricky to type on. Can’t beat the real ones.

The best one I’ve seen is
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kl.ime.oh
After installing check the settings and customize the size and position.
You will want to make letters and symbols a little bigger.

Many options, plugins and cusomizations are available. Above all it’s very quick.

Only if you could connect your wireless keyboard to your smartphone like this

Maybe I don’t fully understand, don’t you have spell check activated? Also, voice to text does a pretty good job for me.

When you can use it, of course. I was in a more social setting with my face in the cellphone and it would had looked weird just spitting out seemingly random crap. I prefer to type anyway because dictation only goes so far.

what about turning swype text on? theres no need to type just swipe the finger to the letters or near them. You prob will still make mistakes, but they’d be because of autocorrect.