Icons don't scale when decreasing the panel size

Hi all,

Does someone notice the same behavior?

I am not sure if this is a bug or intended and if a problem of MATE panel or the individual apps.

2 Likes

It’s a old problem. I found it in 16.10 when testing for the gtk3 port. Its a applet/applets bug.

Is there a bug report for it somewhere on Launchpad or Github?

If you adjusted the panel size, then logged out and back in?

Remains the same:

1 Like

Now that I have this installed on both a desktop and a laptop, my main issue remains the panel applets crashing, and them becoming cut in half. For example, right now my battery applet has crashed for some reason, I don’t know how to add it back or even check how much battery life is left at first. The only thing I can think of is to log out and back in since restarting the panel doesn’t fix it. One other thing I have noticed is the show desktop button becoming invisible or not working correctly (usually adding another show desktop button works to some extent, although this is more of a workaround than a solution).

The same issue:

As far as I’m concerned this is a show stopping bug. If the GTK3 version of the MATE desktop breaks the panels why upgrade to GTK3?

I’m having flashbacks to when I was on Lucid and similar bugs were showing up in Mavericks with a similar lack of response from the developers towards getting them fixed.

1 Like

See a fix or partial fix here

1 Like

Thanks for this link! Fixed the issue for me with that.