In need of Wifi driver

Hello everyone. I'm running 21.04 MATE on my laptop which has an Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n 2.4 Ghz wifi card. I think the vendor is Broadcom. This wifi card runs perfectly on Windows 10 but when I'm switching to MATE, it's not discoverable. It looks like I'm missing the wifi card drivers. I tried Google searching for my missing driver but without any luck for Linux. Can anyone help me install the wifi driver so I can get rid of Windows? I can't have an internet connection on this machine without wifi.

Thanks!

If you have downloaded the MATE 21.04 iso and burnt it to a bootable DVD or USB, why not try to boot it from there with the Try Ubuntu option (after making sure Windoze is fully closed down) and see if the WiFi works from there. If it does, that should give you confidence that all will be well with a single boot option in ubuntu.

Doesn't matter if I use a live session or I load MATE from my hard drive. I still have the same issue.

` lspci -vnn | grep Network`

0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM43142 802.11b/g/n [14e4:4365] (rev 01)

Looks like the network controller somehow it's discovered by the OS.

@Teodor Does this help?

Not sure if this will help but here is the Broadcom in Synaptic. It doesn't sound like you are absolutely sure the card is a Broadcom.

Thanks everyone for helping me out. I read all your replies at that time and managed to come to a fix. I simply used:
`

sudo apt install linux-firmware
sudo apt install bcmwl-kernel-source

And after a reboot, everything worked well. Topic can be closed now!

`