Internal microphone of Lenovo Thinkpad T460 not working

The internal microphone of my new Lenovo Thinkpad T460 is not working. Under Sound Preferences I can only choose from Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stero and there is no input level recognized. Does anyone know what I can do about it?

I been looking through the bug reports

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver?field.searchtext=lenovo+thinkpad+microphone&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=

and one fix keeps popping up. Add a line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf. Of which you seem to have two choices.

options snd-hda-intel model=laptop or options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo

Hi @maro,

have you chosen the right "Connector" as there are often two on laptops!?:

Thanks @anon42388993 and @wolfman for looking into this. I am a little hesitant to meddle with these files and have never done so before. If there are already confirmed bugs for Lenovo laptops, do you think it is necessary to file another one specifically for the T460? I have no idea about how quickly a new hardware compatibility update will be available. If there is a chance that it is fixed without having to tweak this manually, I will probably wait. Otherwise I probably need something of a step by step guide to get this accomplished. :sweat:
In the sound settings it looks like this:

Hi @maro,

what is the hardware list showing you?:

I assume you have run all updates?:

Have you tried "alsamixer"?:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/Alsamixer

sudo apt-get install alsamixer

To start, simply type "alsamixer" in a terminal!. :smiley:

Yes, my system is up to date. When trying to install Alsamixer I got this message:

The hardware list in the Sound Preferences looks like this:

Just now I took another screenshot and it looks different:

Hi @maro,

your 2nd pic shows 2 inputs!, what does your input window now say?. :confused: