Is apport working on Ubuntu Mate?

I have noticed occasional errors popping up on my 15.10 and 16.04 alpha installations. For example on my old Pentium 4 test box - which has no bluetooth capability - the bluetooth monitor applet always barfs until I disable it under preferences. The crash reporting dialog is raised and if I click on Details it shows the details of what information has been gathered. It I click Continue I would expect the report to be sent - perhaps requiring me to logon to the bug tracker. However, this does not happen. I do NOT see any network activity and the dialog window simply closes.

The apport wiki indicates that it should be disabled in 15.10 but implies that it should be enabled in the testing version. I have looked at /etc/apport/crashdb.conf and I do not find the lines which need to be commented out to enable apport.

HELP! I do not give a hoot about the bluetooth thing crashing on a machine without bluetooth (although I would be happy to report/document it) but I also get frequent crashes in Marco and occasionally Mate panel which are of more concern.

TIA,

Ken

Apport is enabled by default in Ubuntu MATE. I’m checking with the Ubuntu Foundations team to see if the collector (sever-side) has been disabled. This did happen before, in error.

I’ve seen that crash myself too but not had the chance to investigate :frowning:

Thanks Wimpy,

Once it gets collecting again I will send in info so this can get sorted. It is a little scary when Marco or the Mate Panel fails - although I do non SEE anything obviously broken.

Ken

Doesn’t seem to be fixed yet, I tried to send some unsolicited apport data . . . browser opens and I log into LP . . . then a minute or so later, a little dialogue opened saying, “Nothing sent” . . . something like that.

Filed a bug report on this issue:

apport-collect not collecting data to LP