Is there a way to check if relevant bugs filed on launchpad are seen by Mate folks?

I filed a bug on launchpad that ended up being a duplicate of https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1591148 which affects Mate for Pi but it isn’t referenced anywhere. Being a barely technical user I’m not positive how launchpad works and if things like this have a way to trickle down to anyone affected.

I haven’t been able to get a snap to install yet and this seems like a fairly significant problem that everyone would have so I’m fairly certain I don’t have to worry too much about it personally, however the question is more general about how bugs are posted, followed, or shared.

1 Like

Launchpad is the hub between users and the developers – it is a technical place for getting into the nitty gritty details so that developers can work on reproducing and fixing bugs.

Not all bugs are specifically a fault of Ubuntu MATE or the MATE Desktop, but if they were (or the maintainer wanted to track them), the project ubuntu-mate would be added.

However, in this case, this is an issue across multiple flavours/distributions/architecture as it is a kernel problem then something specific to Ubuntu MATE. It’s also been previously reported, hence why it’s been marked as a duplicate to avoid wasted efforts.

You’ve done your part, so thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like