Keep theme after upgrade

Dear Friends,

In theory, the upgrade to LTS should not break theme, but because I am using older packages to keep brown file folders, my own fonts, &c, I am trying, via synaptic, to hold all packages I need.

Will this work on upgrade, or will there be a "partial upgrade" ?

I mean, all I want is access to the latest packages for browsers, evolution, skype, &c, in other words the stuff we use, without any alteration to the way my laptops look.

I have run into this problem a few times, so am trying to get expert help here, rather than presume
this will take half an hour, and spending all night trying to find the packages for icons, fonts, &c, because of some reason that is not something I want or care to do.

Is there a way to do this easily?

Best,
Martin

Hello,

According to my experience my LTS to LTS upgrades preserve my customised theme. Nevertheless, (once upon a time) GTK 2 to GTK 3 version upgrade rendered my theme unusable and made me to rebuild my custom GTK 2 theme to comply with GTK 3.

Good luck,
Gene

3 Likes

Dear G,
thank you so much for responding.
it actually help clarify a number things.
regards,
m

1 Like

If you upgrade from 22.04 to 24.04 it should be almost the same. Yes there are applications thta would look slightly different and you should update your themes. However it isnt unusable like the former changes from earlier gtk3 versions that were used below 18.04.

1 Like