I’ve been trying to install Ubuntu-mate on my Raspberry Pi 2 B but when it gets to the setup my mouse and keyboard don’t work/respond, let alone have power. I’ve tried an iPazzPort wired and another usb keyboard and mouse to no avail. Can anyone offer any help or advice?
I can't suggest anything right off, but perhaps some more detail might help:
- which download are you using (version and source)?
- do you see the language selection screen?
RPI 2 have poor specs and is not recommended for UM :
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (not recommended)
- Fails to complete the first boot setup due to insufficient memory.
- If you have completed the setup on another Pi that card can be inserted in a Pi 3 Model A+ and it will work.
- Due to only having 512MB RAM the
arm64is not recommended. The
armhfversion can be very tight on resources.
Is it possible for you to use the visual keyboard and manage to run some commands like :
xinput list (see if your mouse & keyboard are recognized by the OS)
dmesg to see what is going on when you plug those devices.
If you have a other HW-better RPi you can complete the installation on this other RPI and use it on your 2B.
I think this issue appearing because of
Invalid CMA arguments for rpi 2,3
(rpi 4 booting happily)
Replacing the line "dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d" in config.txt (in system-boot partition)
May fix this issue.
Replace without quotes😁