Keyboard and touchpad not working

Ubuntu MATE 18.04.1 LTS (Bionic) installed on Toshiba Satellite L45D-B (PSKRGP) 64bits
i used a usb keyboard and mouse to install it
how can i fix it? im a new user on linux
thanka

Strange. I installed on a Toshiba Satellite C55-A, 64 bit, and my keyboard and touchpad work fine. Occasionally, something like the Brisk Menu or Popup Notifications will say it closed unexpectedly, but I hit ‘reload’ and it works fine. Could you elaborate on what exactly doesn’t work?

Try hitting Function + F5. If yours is similar to mine, that controls enabling/disabling the touchpad.

FN+f5 function doesn’t work, also, the problem is basically that, I got no response from the keyboard (that keep the cabs bottom on for some reason) and the touchpad, first I was think an error on the test before totally installing,

Under ‘Mouse Preferences’, there is an ‘enable touchpad’ option.

maybe it could be a drivers problems? when I tried open the camera (Shotwell) I got a message saying that can find the USB device

that can not find the USB device^^^

My Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7112 does the same thing. Keyboard and mouse work when booting from USB, but not when booting from the hard drive. It also will not work using a live persistent USB. Only works in the boot menu and grub, or when booting from an install USB. My older Toshiba Satellite C655-S5132 works fine, no keyboard or mouse problems. Out of curiosity, does your Toshiba have a trackpad disconnect button? Mine does, but does not work to turn it back on, and would not explain why the keyboard stops. Occasionally, I can update the grub and reboot to get the keyboard and trackpad working, but it doesn't always work and never stays working after a shutdown.

So I know nobody has looked at this thread in a while, but I have found a new piece of the puzzle for my issue with this. This is the same Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7112 that the keyboard and touchpad are turned off during the boot sequence(see above). I have found that when booting with a usb keyboard attached, the keyboard and touchpad are not turned off during boot. So, whether I want to use the laptop keyboard or not, I still have to have a keyboard dongle plugged in when booting. I haven't looked into any of the boot config or grub(mostly from a lack of knowledge of what to look for), but this little clue should point somebody to where to look.

You might try looking at the following pages:

Good luck LBMarshall