Kodi not running on raspberry pi2 mate 15.10 using rca cables

Hi,

I have installed kodi using the apt-get on mate 15.10 but when I try to run I keep getting the following error message :
“/usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
Segmentation fault (core dumped)”.
I am using the analogic video output with the RCA cables.
I saw here someone having the same problem but it was using HDMI cables and to solve it just hat to define the resolution in hdmi_mode in the config.txt file

Changing the config monitor solved by issue with a dvi to HDMI adapter. That may be an option for you. Im a noob sorry cant be more helpful.

Just out of interest how did you get Kodi installed.

That’s not an option for me. I have an old TV, so it is only available analog.
I have installed with $sudo apt-get install kodi

Just to be clear I was more talking about playing with text in the config file rather than using any particular adapter. I had a DVI to HDMI adapter but it still didn’t work until I changed HDMI_Mode. From memory there are heaps of monitor and resolution options in the config file.

Are you definitely running Ubuntu Mate 15.10 on a RPi2. I tried that terminal command but met an error message. Why would it work for you and not me? hmmm

I just tried installing kodi on my 15.10, and can’t get it to work at all. I see the same errors that the OP reported. Changing the HDMI_MODE to match the monitor (it’s connected via HDMI) didn’t help.