Latest Vuze on Mate 15.10 on Rpi2

Hello,

I want to install the latest Vuze version on Ubuntu Mate 15.10 on a RPi 2

I have installed Vuze by different ways but each times it installs the version 4.3

How can I install 5.7 version?

Thanks

The current version in the Ubuntu repositories is 4.3. Try downloading the latest version directly from the Vuze website instead.

Ok, I have downloaded and unzip Vuze 5700

Here is what happens when I type ~/vuze/vuze

Suitable java version found [java = java 1.7.0_91]
Configuring environment…
Java exec found in PATH. Verifying…
find: `/home/pi/.azureus/plugins’: No such file or directory
Browser check failed with: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
no swt-gtk-4608 in java.library.path
no swt-gtk in java.library.path

Looks like it’s looking for the libraries in the wrong place. Try creating a symbolic link between them:

ln -s /usr/lib/jni/libswt-* ~/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/

(Based on this answer)

Alternately, I came across a blog that knows a repository that packages up the latest Vuze for Ubuntu 14.04/15.10. Proceed at your own risk!

sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu wily-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list'

wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install vuze

Hello,

I have tried to install from getdeb but it installs Vuze 4.3 also. I will try again.

Do you know which version of Java is required for Vuze 5.7?

Java 7 (openjdk-7-jre) apparently. Packages would install its dependency on Java if you’ve got a different or no version installed.

I just tried installing this (on a test 14.04 PC), and that repo installed version 5.7.0.0.

If this still doesn’t work, the other reason could be that there isn’t a newer version packaged for the ARM architecture (what the Raspberry Pi is based on), in which we could go back to fixing the library path problem instead.

Hello,

The Getdeb developper answered me:
Arm processors are not supported by Getdeb.

I will go back to fixing the library path

I don’t have a Pi at hand to test, but it looks like it’s missing the SWT GTK library in particular:

sudo apt-get install libswt-gtk-3-java

While this will install system-wide, Vuze may be only be looking for local libraries in the home directory (unless of course, this is a fall back when not found on the system). In which case, a link of some form will be needed, but I’m not sure. I regret I may not be much of assistance here.