Lexon Tyco 3 hates blueman

Blueman was not working with either of my bluetooth speakers, so I found the terminal commands for re-installing.

Then it didn't work, so I removed it altogether and tried with synaptic. Still does not launch, so I uninstalled for a second time.

Is there another bluetooth program for Focal Fossa so I can finally hear my Raspberry Pi 4?

Starting it off as a media center with 250G USB 3.0 x2, and I have a projector ready for HDMI input. All I need is audio!

Welcome, @CosmicNautilus. :slight_smile:

First explain to us what "Blueman was not working" means. Did it start at all? Did Blueman not recognize your speakers? Was Blueman unable to pair with your speakers? Alas, we cannot help you unless you give more details.

Does not start at all. Appears in active programs, does not appear on screen or run. It recognized the speaker as a bluetooth device, before the first reinstall. No pairing, stalls every time at 25% and then it fails even when blueman was working.

The other bluetooth speaker doesn't read at all but I managed to use it's direct input with a 3.5 mm for a temporary solution.

I've seen this problem before; I'm pretty sure it's a simple fix, but I need to look for my notebook. It'll take me awhile, but let me go reproduce this problem with my own Bluetooth devices.

1 Like

Sorry to get back so late -- I couldn't find my original notes, so I had to reconstruct what I did.

Anyway, instead of using the Setup wizard from Blueman, have you tried selecting the Bluetooth speaker device and clicking "Pair" in the toolbar? This worked for me on my devices, although I don't have Bluetooth speakers that I could test this on.

If that fails too, you can try looking into using the command-line tools bluez: According to https://gist.github.com/actuino/9548329d1bba6663a63886067af5e4cb, setting up a Bluetooth speaker is likely as simple as:

1. Open your favored terminal program.
  2. Type the command bluetoothctl and press Enter. (From now on, it's assumed that you press Enter after each command.)
  3. Type the command power on. (You probably don't need to do this, but it's unlikely to hurt.)
  4. Type the command agent on. (You probably don't need to do this, but it's unlikely to hurt.)
  5. Type the command scan on. This will take a few seconds as bluez scans for Bluetooth devices nearby. At some point before the command returns, you should see an entry for your Bluetooth speaker.
  6. Type the following, replacing <dev> with the (MAC) address of the Bluetooth speaker listed in step 5:
    pair <dev>
    trust <dev>
    connect <dev>

7. Now you can exit bluez using: quit.

Supposedly, if everything works out, those commands should be enough to set up your Bluetooth speaker(s). Of course, since you have two Bluetooth speakers, you might want to set up both of them, in which case you can repeat step 6 for the other speaker.

Sorry I can't help more than that until I at least get your results, but I hope that works or at least helps you down the road to success.