Libreoffice Calc - Printing Without Shading

After a day of searching, I’m stuck trying to find this feature ;

I have a spreadsheet that uses colour shading for different strings or values. I just want to print the contents and gridlines in black and white, without any of the colour shading in the cells. In MS Office, this is easy, you just select print black and white.

In Libreoffice, I can’t find this option anywhere.

It’s not in File - Printer Settings
It’s not in File - Print Preview
It’s not in File - Print
It’s not in Tools - Options - Libreoffice Calc - Print

Is there actually an option available, in 2017, to allow someone to print a spreadsheet in LibreOffice Calc without having it spew toner over the entire page reproducing cell shading?

Hello BrokenCanoe.

I think there isn’t a direct option for that, I don’t know exactly how your spreadsheet is, but I think in a couple of solutions I hope could help.

1. duplicate the sheet, after that you can copy all the cell, delete its format and paste it without format, you will have all the data without format

2. Duplicate the sheet and apply a plain style to all the cells

3. Duplicate the sheet, select all cells and press backspace, then unselect all check boxes except format.

With that you will have plain text to print.

I hope it helps and I apologize for my english

Thanks for the reply Rigo. No need to apologise for your english! :slight_smile:

I’m amazed that this isn’t an option. I’ve looked everywhere. (In Excel it’s a simple tickbox, “print black and white”.)
The sheet has conditional formatting as well as regular colour-coding of cells. Your workaround’s one way of doing it for sure, - but it’s frustrating to have to do that every time you need to print the sheet, which in my case is a lot.

Here’s hoping that it’s a “feature” that gets some attention soon.