LibreOffice freezing on 19.10 - especially with graphics and PDF files in Draw

Continuing the discussion from 19.10 freezing when Firefox hits 100% CPU:

Having major issues with LO on my MATE desktop. Please refer to the thread and posts via the link and thanks to all who have responded there.

LO freezing when trying to open a very simple PDF file in Draw. Forced to do hard reboot as cannot even use Force Quit to unlock it.
LO froze as well when I went in to un-toggle the graphics acceleration box under General Settings>View. Again, forced to do hard reboot.
I have uninstalled LO via Software Boutique and downloaded the most recent version of LO from the website. 6.3.3.2. Loaded fine and the 2 instances above happened again.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. Computer works absolutely fine when not using LO and we are now using Google Docs, Sheets and Slides as our workaround. Obviously would be far better to be able to use LO as it should be used.

One last point. We CAN use LO if we create or open simple docs, spreadsheets etc that don't have images in them or if we don't try to insert an image.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

Update on this issue.

Trying to solve the puzzle. Created a document in Writer (after untoggling graphics acceleration box), first line text. Inserted a simple .png image and save the document.
Exported to PDF and saved. No issues there.

Closed down the document and went File>Open and opened the same PDF in Draw. System completely froze. Did hard reboot. Double clicked file in Caja, file opened in LO and system froze.

Did another hard reboot. Followed same process of File>Open and double clicking file in Caja with another PDF document. Both opened in LO Draw and then it completely froze my system.

This appears to be a Draw issue. So...hard rebooted and opened LO, went to Draw, clicked on Options and THE SYSTEM LOCKED UP ON ME THERE! Rebooted and opened Impress. Chose simple template and went to edit the title slide. LOCKED UP AGAIN......

No confidence in LO at all. Writer and Calc seem to be working fine so hoping that all of this can be fixed and I will also search for a possible issue on the LO forum community.

Any suggestions from MATE community welcome!!