Lightdm Settings on Ubuntu mate 20.0

I found that on Mate 20.0. lightDM GTK+ Greeter is a highly configurable login screen reminiscent of the classic GDM configuration. I have a configure this following path

usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/60-lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf and edit this file

[SeatDefaults]
greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter

and also configure /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-myconfig.conf

[SeatDefaults]
greeter-hide-users=false
greeter-show-manual-login=true
allow-guest=false

successfully configure this both file and restart the computer. Unfortunately I am failure. Because login screen could not show another login screen

Thank you
Md Iqbal Hossain

1 Like

Greetings
Possibly might find some information here, possibly the check installed greeter command. Also link in article for switching. I may be thinking wrong if you are asking about a choice of greeters on boot screen.

https://techpiezo.com/linux/change-lightdm-greeter-in-ubuntu-20-04/

Another link for 22.04
https://techpiezo.com/linux/change-lightdm-greeter-in-ubuntu-22-04/

Edit:
Also pay attention to spaces in commands.

1 Like

Welcome @iqbalbd37 to the community!

Thank you so much for inspired me.

1 Like

Thank for your your feed back. This topics is so much help for everybody. I am really sorry, because i am not success. I am also try another way. When I got a success then I inform you.

Special Thank you
Md Iqbal Hossain

2 Likes

Finally I got Successfully configure LightDM. First I got update & upgrade ubuntu mate.
Then Ican configure the follwing paths: /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
edit this file 50-manual-login.conf
[

Seat:*]

and also edit this File:

nano 90-arctica-greeter.conf

Then Success

Thank you
Md Iqbal Hossain

2 Likes

Just FYI. But Ubuntu uses a year.month format for releases, with 2000 being added to the year. This applies to all flavors of Ubuntu as well (ie. Ubuntu-MATE)

ie. 20.04 tells you it was the 2020-April release of Ubuntu or Ubuntu-MATE in this case.

The latest release is Ubuntu-MATE 22.10 which is the 2022-October release, with work progressing now on the lunar release which has an ETA for April 2023 - ie. it'll be Ubuntu-MATE 23.04

The first release on an even year is a LTS or long-term-support release, thus 20.04 & 22.04 were both LTS.

2 Likes