Log-out messes background image

Hi,
I have an intel skylake with nvidia GTX 950M with proprietary drivers and Ubuntu Mate 17.04.
When I suspend or log-out, and log back in, my background image gets messed up. Here is a screenshot:
I can fix this by going to Control Center > Appearance > Background, selecting a new image, then selecting my old one. It would now be displayed correctly, until the next log-out.
It's not a big deal, or something critical, but it would be nice if you could help me fix this.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi
Can you provide the output for:

inxi -CG

Also, try and reproduce with Intel Integrated graphics driver so we know if this is due to the proprietary drivers.
You can change the driver in System -> Administration -> Software & Updates -> Additional Drivers

mike@greenbox:~$ inxi -CG
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i5-6300HQ (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB 
           clock speeds: max: 3200 MHz 1: 799 MHz 2: 800 MHz 3: 799 MHz
           4: 800 MHz
Graphics:  Card-1: Intel HD Graphics 530
           Card-2: NVIDIA GM107M [GeForce GTX 950M]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.19.3 drivers: modesetting,nvidia
           Resolution: [email protected]
           GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 950M/PCIe/SSE2
           GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.39

I can’t reproduce with intel graphics because if I don’t have nvidia proprietary driver installed or if I switch to intel via prime-select, the system will crash on login. When installing a distro I have to use nouveau.modeset=0 in grub, otherwise it will freeze. As soon as the distro is installed, I have to install the nvidia drivers, othewise it will keep freezing on boot or shortly after boot. This is the case for both Ubuntu and Fedora, with Xfce, Mate, Gnome, Kde, both in Xorg and Wayland. But this is off-topic :slight_smile:

It may be relevant that this did not happen under Xubuntu, so I think it is related to GTK+ 3. Also in Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 the background of the GDM login screen would get messed up after suspend. But after logging in, the background image of the desktop would not get messed up.