Looking for a good Bluetooth Adapter , plug and play out of the box

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time!

1 Like

I don't have too many suggestions, alas; I've only ever purchased one Bluetooth adapter. But I can tell you that I personally swear by the Targus ACB10US1. I got it back in 2012 and it worked out of the box on Ubuntu 12.04. No configuration, no cryptic commands, nothing. I plugged it in and within literally seconds the system auto-configured it and it was ready to use. It has worked for me perfectly without any extra configuration on every Linux distribution I've tried, and it certainly works out of the box on Ubuntu MATE 16.04, 18.04, 20.04 and 21.04 at least (I know those for a fact).

Another fortunate part about this adapter is that, even though the design is over 10 years old, they are still manufactured today. They're a little pricey at $37.99 U.S., and they may lack some extremely new-fangled Bluetooth features, but this is the only product which I can sincerely recommend to a Linux user (since I've tried no other product myself successfully). Here's what Targus themselves have to say about the product: Bluetooth® 4.0 Dual-Mode micro-USB Adapter | Shop Targus.

Maybe somebody else can give you advice on cheaper or newer devices, but that's all I've got.

1 Like