Lubuntu themed as Ubuntu Mate

While having a discussion elsewhere regarding which variant of Ubuntu might be best suited to a laptop with modest hardware, I messed around a bit with Lubuntu to see how much it could be themed to look like Ubuntu Mate. Quite a lot, as it happened. Since then I have done some more messing around with elements and this is what I came up with.

To clarify, I have not installed gnome-panel or any part of Mate or, indeed, any other external desktop element. This is still entirely the LXDE Lubuntu desktop. Just with a lot of internal tweaks.

No particular reason for doing so.

I’m just a nerd… :grinning:

2 Likes

This is super.

My head is spinning with all the information and what you can do with both Ubuntu and Lubuntu.

Nothing wrong with being a nerd…wish I could say I was one. Always in awe of what you computer nerds can do.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for giving me my morning laugh :slight_smile:

@anon42388993. Super!

Just wanted to update. So the upgrade memory arrived today. Had laptop apart and ready to install. Had Ubuntu disc ready to install.
Oh yeah! (dripping with sarcasm) the moron shipped the wrong item.
I placed a order for Crucial Memory. The confirmation was for Crucial Memory.
He shipped memory from Samsung and I have no clue if this would work in my laptop.
Needless to say I am not happy… :angry:
Emailed him and he replied for me to call him. That is not going to happen as I ordered it from Amazon.
Replied and waiting for him to get back to me.

So installation of Unbuntu is on hold for now.