Marco + Compton option in desktop 16.04

I really like Ubuntu Mate, But I get a lot of screen tearing on my laptops that it is installed to. I do know ways around to fix the tearing. But I tried Linux Mint 17.3 the mate desktop now has the option for Marco+Compton this fixed the tearing in one click. Can something like this be added to ubuntu MATE or is it already there and I’m missing it. I’m running 15.10 and a few systems. Intel video cards do most of the tearing my Ati with drivers works with tear free on, however open source drivers with marco+Compton fixes these issues without tear free on.

Do you run 16.04 or 15.10?

15.10 right now on a few systems. I didn’t install 16.04 yet. I didn’t see any mention in the 16.04 update notes to adding display manger options for compton, I know Compiz can fix the screen tear but when using that my windows sizes and positions are not remembered.

Adding this is planned, but it’s not yet been implemented:

This is great news. After this is implemented Ubuntu MATE will be on all my systems.
Thank you.

1 Like

Further discussion regarding the integration on Compton will be taking place in the following topic.