MATE 18.04 Boot Not Working

Installing Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS takes me to GRUB and eventually to a Login screen, nothing I do allows me to boot directly to Login screen.

I bought a new desktop computer. It is a System76 model Wild Dog Pro with SSD and HDD, and a
DVD. The computer arrived in working order with System76's installed Ubuntu. The new computer
has an Intel i5-8400 CPU at 2.8GHZ x 6. Linux is on the SSD (three partitions - Boot, Linux & Swap),
the HDD currently has my empty partitions, not really used now.

My other older computers run Ubuntu-MATE 16.04 LTS, the version I like. The new computer will not
run the Ubuntu-MATE 16.04 LTS, I guess the newer computer is not compatible with 2016 vintage
software. The Ubuntu-MATE people released the new 18.04 LTS. I downloaded and booted to a Live
version and performed some tests - It appeared good, so I performed an Install of that version to the
new computer.

Then, doing a re-boot and the Boot Loader is not working. I get a GRUB prompt. Typing "exit" takes
me to another screen where the computer slowly tries various options of sources. The displayed third
line changes and eventually, about five minutes, I get a normal Ubuntu boot screen and from what I can
tell Ubuntu 18.04 works just fine. Photos of those screens are included. Everything I try to get the
Boot Loader to work so I can just login to Ubuntu fails.

Typing "exit & Enter" gives me the next screen

After about five minutes a normal Ubuntu-MATE login screen appears.
This computer has Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) 64-bit installed which is Kernel Linux 4.15.0-
20-generic x86_64 with MATE 1.20.1.
I tried numerous ideas to rectify this, but nothing works.
The computer appears to be UFEI computer, per article Repair GRUB the Flags column includes “boot,
esp”The instructions in that article fail at sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot/efi so I terminated
that process.
Tried running "grub-install" process from a 7 year old article, the option "root-partition" is not valid
anymore. So, this didn't work.
Tried downloading and running tool Boot Repair which always fails - it says it fails.
So, how can I get my Boot Loader (or what ever) to run so it Boots Linux? Any ideas.

Can you disable PXE network boot option in your BIOS and try again?

My American Megatrends BIOS did allow a change to disable PXE, but I must have screwed it up. I tried to disable and ended up with the same actions, but no Linux Login. It tries IPv4 then IPv6 and it used to then allow me to Boot to Linux (18.04-MATE).

Now it is not switching to Linux. I tried to set it back, but that didn’t work. I told the BIOS to load default values, but that doesn’t work either. I end with a blinking underscore and no action works. I think I will try a complete restart from downloaded Ubuntu - I hope the BIOS is working and correct and that is not screwed up.

I did a complete new install and I am back to a basic Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS, but I have to go through the long wait while the computer tries different sources. I do notice after the PXE attempts there are quick messages (to fast to read) the IPv4 message begins with P18 (I think) and the IPv6 message begins with E16 (I think).

So I am back to a fresh new Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS but with a long wait time once I start booting.

After a number of tries and different versions on Ubuntu It worked. I am not sure what was different. When I power On the computer the Boot Loader (whatever) Boots into my desired Ubuntu-MATE. I am using version 18.04 LTS.