Mate 22.04 is stunning (returning occasional user)

Hi all. I just wanted to compliment the devs and community on a wonderful release. The features and the beauty of this release mean that Mate will now absolutely be my #1 recommendation for new Linux users - the welcome application is the best I've seen. I did check out 18.04 and 20.04 now and then but I was never completely convinced by those to employ Mate as a daily driver. I'm a KDE Neon user on my main desktop machine and the configurability of Plasma is important to my workflow there, but after installing Mate 22.04 on an older ThinkPad I'm totally sold on this as the distro to use on the go. I'm not sure how to describe what has changed - I think it's a range of little things that have glued everything together to produce a coherent and pleasurable user experience. Anyhow - well done!

1 Like

22.04 Jammy is a terrible P.O.S. "Jammy" is appropriate, it is as solid as a jellyfish too - so many bugs and unstable, not even Alpha-worthy. I'm back on 20.04. Yaru is a junk theme, why was Ambient removed? My apps stall out, VPN connections don't connect or drop in less that a minute. Linux Mint will be contaminated by this disaster. Extremely disappointed with this release, will not be contributing anymore to Ubuntu development, it's back to Fedora after years of being happy with U.

1 Like