MATE - 2nd of the best Desktop environment

Hi guys, found this googling :

:clap: :clap:

4 Likes

We are also nr3 here :

3 Likes

It's saying a lot to get on one of those websites, I must say. But keep in mind that site specifically says that the desktop environments listed are not in any particular order, so being number 2 doesn't mean much, except that the person who wrote that page probably thought of it second. I have reason to believe MATE may not be the author's second choice; the author said that KDE (number one on that list) was not their first choice.

Still, quite an endorsement, and even an endorsement for Ubuntu MATE itself.

Yap :slight_smile: but they are talking about as best Desktop environment , something that i totally agree :wink:

Oh yeah. I religiously use MATE, because I personally think it's the greatest desktop environment out there. Nothing else even comes close. (OK, XFCE is pretty good, but not at the level of MATE.)

Cool!

1 Like

Quality of articles on itsfoss is very volatile. But keep stopping by every now and then.

What is best is always a matter of opinion. I would never put KDE as number one. I find KDE harder to configure, and a bit bloated. I would always put Mate as number one. If Mate ever went away I would go Cinnamon and then XFCE.

2 Likes