MATE Desktop 1.14 for Ubuntu MATE 16.04 is available now

So I did! Thanks for pointing that out. Them pain pills for post Pace Maker operation are rather potent. :wink:

1 Like

Hello. I was distracted while installing this upgrade. I missed this note about pressing Enter to accept at the prompt. I typed Y to install the package maintainers version.

Do I need to reinstall the upgrade or will it be okay to leave it as it is.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I did the same thing, I would like to know as well.

1 Like

No problem @AmalMI and @kuwoodsays as far as i know the mate indicator applet wont show rhythmbox and other multimedia players playing list rather only a volume slider. However you can reenable it by going to MATE tweak and changing your current panel layout to some other and then revert back to your original panel make sure you tick the enable indicator box if it is not enabledā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just done the upgrade and I love itā€¦ no problems. My thoughts on where the upgrade should be placedā€¦ the system tools or more software section within the software boutique applicationā€¦ just a thought.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Easy to follow instruction Sir.

Could it perhaps be integrated in the ā€œSoftware Updateā€ button in the Welcome Center? The backend magic could just add the PPA and perform a dist-upgrade, I guess, but Iā€™m not sure how any of this computery stuff works. :stuck_out_tongue: