Mate tweak -> interface -> advanced menu

Im a visually impared user that has become very tired of Canonical. I loved Unity, but it still has bugs so zooming is not perfect! But it was great… Now im looking at Ubuntu Mate. I was afraid i was jumped 4 years or more back with the default menu, but i went into Mate Tweak and interface and then enabled advanced menu. My problem here is i use the high contrast theme and the advanced menu seems to be dark… I know you might ask me to fill a bug report, but im just a visually impared user doing whatever i can to stay on Linux… Maby someone can help me out or fill a bug report? I actually like the advanced menu… I also noticed the text is also black… Only reason it was visible was im running virtualbox with inverted colors in Ubuntu…

@kescba - Hi, I’ve filed a bug report for this:

I’ll try to take a look as soon as I have a chance. Thanks for letting us know about this issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great! :slight_smile:
I have given up on Ubuntu Mate atm. After i installed it on a disk i updated the languages (it asked for that) then i did a update of the system (sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y) and then sudo apt install compizconfig-settings-amanger compiz-plugins

Then i went into compizconfig-settings-manager and noticed negative and enchanced zoom was enabled, but i changed the key shortcuts to CTRL+ALT+N/M (For negative) and for zoom in/out CTRL+SHIFT+Arrow UP/DOWN.

But the shortcuts didnt work… I have anbeled a monitor to my laptop (For bigger content) and disabled the built in screen on my laptop (At least for when im in my office). i now have tested without the monitor and the bug persists.

I have used a full disk encryption and when a dual monitor is connected the monitor is off (black) for some time when im asked to enter the password for the encrypted disk. In Ubuntu it works, but Mate dont.

A last thing for now and this is also a problem in Ubuntu. High Contrast theme, when choosen all windows title bar is not white, so when i use negative colors they are unreadable for me… As mentioned also a bug in Ubuntu…

Last but not least a question. During installation i choosen 2nd highest option (install Mate, not try) when i got to that i tried CTRL+ALT+S to see if i could get speech… But that didnt work either… Is it not the same keyshortcuts as in Ubuntu?