Microphone not working well at all since latest Skype update

Hi,

I’m really hoping someone can help me out here.

Since installing the new Skype for Linux Beta, callers have not been able to hear me, though I can hear them. The problem is not limited to Skype, either — I downloaded Discord, which features the exact same problem now, and Ghetto Skype has not helped either.

I’m not tech-savvy but I’ve messed around with a bunch of settings in accordance with suggestions I came across online. I’m on a Lenovo computer, if that matters.

I really need Skype to work for work purposes right now, so I’m pretty desperate. Does anyone have ANY suggestions?

Thanks!

Bump — does anyone have any idea how to deal with this?

Hey. If there’s a problem with Skype beta we can’t do nothing about it sadly . You can try using skype on a browser.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I reinstalled Ubuntu MATE to see if that’d make any difference today, and it didn’t on Skype or Ghetto Skype, but at least I can make voice calls through Discord and be heard, now. In the new Skype Beta, there’s no way to prevent the sound settings from automatically adjusting themselves that I know of, and that does seem to be the core of the issue. I have, however, had sound issues with previous versions of Skype.

It doesn’t seem to be possible to make calls from a browser, by the way — one can only use the chat function?

Same here since I downloaded what they call Skype Preview…
:rage:
People can’t hear me.
Will resort to web one as an alternative temporarily.
My contacts and me slowly moving to other products, anyways.

So, you can indeed make calls through the web version of Skype? I wonder why mine won’t.

And… not a preview of better things to come, is it, that “Skype Preview”? :slight_smile:

A preview of disappointment to come