Middle Mouse Button can't drag?

I use Blender quite a bit, and in order to rotate around the pivot point I usually hold down the left and right mouse buttons on my laptop touchpad and drag. But it seems that if I hold down the middle mouse button and drag, it doesn’t work. At first I thought that middle mouse emulation wasn’t working, but I found out I could still click the middle mouse button when using Blender’s “walk mode” to teleport.

I’m not sure if this is a Blender issue or a Ubuntu issue at this point, I’m looking for ways to diagnose or fix the issue here before I post a bug report.

EDIT: I have confirmed that middle click drag is what isn’t working. When moving an item around in Minecraft, holding down the middle mouse button while dragging is supposed to put a stack of items in every slot dragged over. While Middle Clicking to grab a stack works, middle clicking and dragging this way does not.

This also means that this is not a Blender issue.

I think you may need to do the following:

File/preferences/input

Select “blender” from the drop down list of “presets”

I’ve looked at Blender’s preferences, but rotating around the view is still set to middle mouse and it still doesn’t work.