Minecraft Pi edition how to get survival?

This worked thanks!
Btw do you know how to turn back to creative

Hi thanks for the quick reply!I just looked at the post and everthing worked fine expect actually opening the minecraft survival world it just does nothing?Any ideas?
Btw it worked for a few days thanks to Vince_Swu but now it just is creative again and all my survival worlds are just creative! Thanks!

I got around to trying out Ubuntu MATE 20.04.2 LTS 32-bit.

The Survival patch still works for me as expected*. I see Vince_Swu's alternate method above is to replace the binary named minecraft-pi to avoid dealing with the wrapper script. One concern with this approach is that when packages get updated it might revert to the old one. Also as you've noticed, it isn't convenient to switch back to Creative.

To check if the binary got somehow reverted to its Creative version, try:

diff /opt/minecraft-pi/mcpi /opt/minecraft-pi/minecraft-pi

and if it doesn't say the binaries differ, then you need to re-patch. Preferably use Gubba Monster's steps. It's a little more involved but the end result is cleaner with separate commands for running Creative vs Survival.

*I had to work around some unrelated symlink issues installing the libpng12-0 dependency. Hopefully it's only me or it'll be fixed upstream in the APT repo soon.