It’s time to get rid of windows10 on my samsung x64 tablet.
I’ve messed around briefly with system settings via the gui in the default install and i’ll need to do more fine grained tweeking to make it usable.
Here are some examples of things I need to be able to do.
- Change the default desktop icon size and corresponding text size.
- Change window title bar icon sizes (min, max close)
- Change the panel icon and text size (can change the panel size but not each icons size nor corresponding text size)
- Enable/disable on screen keyboard and make it context sensitive.
- Change open tasks so they don’t stack vertically in the panel (yea less room but bigger for big fingers)
- Hide open task’s text when task area is full. (just show icon with hover details)
- Add gestures (I see a tip/trick post for this)
In general if I knew what window manager is used under the hood and where to look to tweek various settings of the components that are used within it beyond what is available in some gui that would be helpful.
Further If anyone has set up mate perfectly for use on a x64 tablet like mine and has some tips and tricks please share.
Once I know how to do all this I’ll make a post in the tips/tricks section for anyone wishing to set up mate perfectly on a tablet