Move To Pictures

Right clicking on a file from the desktop, I see a Move To -->Home Folder and Move To-->Desktop.

Is there a way to add a Move To-->Pictures?

I achieve this by cut & paste

Well here are two solutions. The first is not quite what you're looking for but quick and easy. If you hit F3 in Caja another pane will open in which you can navigate to ~\Pictures, and then in the first pane you can right click the file and the "Move to other pane" option will no longer be greyed out and you can use that to move files.

To get the functionality you're looking for you can create scripts in the ~/.config/caja/scripts directory. Those scripts will then appear as options under Scripts when you right click a file in Caja. Name the script something like Move-to-pictures (so you'll know what it does when it shows up in the context menu), make it executable, and bingo. Here is such a script:

#!/bin/bash
FILE=`echo -n $CAJA_SCRIPT_SELECTED_FILE_PATHS`
DESTINATION=$HOME/Pictures
mv -i "$@" "$DESTINATION"
exit

I can't take credit for the above script. Found it online somewhere. Google for Caja utility scripts for other examples.

2 Likes

This works! Thanks!

Note: In Permissions, I had to check the checkbox for "Allow executing file as a program".