Multiple app crash issues, freezes, apps not opening on Ubuntu Mate 22.04 LTS!

This weekend I upgrade to Ubuntu Mate Jammy Jellyfish with the software updater. For roughly half a day, it seemed fine, then Firefox began shutting down or freezing, leading to the entire desktop freezing. becoming totally unresponsive.
Multiple apps constantly crashing or unresponsive, Error messages, apps not opening, notably the Software Boutique and the Welcome app, which seem to have died.
A couple of times on shutdown the shutdown process freezes or just seems to get stuck in a loop?
?????????
I am running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on an Entroware linux dedicated laptop, with 16GB RAM, Intel® Core™ i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz × 8, Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics (CML GT2).

Hello madlogic

My advice:

• Check your BIOS settings are as they should be (just to be sure).
  • Backup your data and do a fresh installation. Then restore your data from the backup.
  • If that does not lead to stability :checkered_flag:, I would suggest doing a "RAM" check, before you loose too much time. Very strange behaviour can be caused by "RAM" that no longer works properly.

Hope that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

alpinejohn, Thanks for the speedy reply, very much appreciated.
Everything was perfect before this weekend, I was on 20.04. My laptop is relatively new, and I have had no issues previously.
It only started a few hours after installing 22.04.
Have perormed system checks, and have checked setting etc.
I always use Deja Dup and Timeshift with clean backups from the getgo.
I think I.ll just do a fresh install of 22.04 and see if it fixes this mess!
Again, thanks for your input,
Kind regards,
Madlogic54.