My Lenovo S20-30 desktop

This is my desktop, using Numix icons and theme. And nothing more! :smile:

3 Likes

You have that clean, uncluttered look. Thats the kind of desktop I also like. But I have to ask, how do you know whats where? I don’t see any window or workspace switcher.

1 Like

Here's mine on my mini notebook:

2 Likes

Thanks! I like to keep the desktop clean and minimalist. I am not sure if I understood correctly what you mean about window/workspace switcher but I will try to answer:
To switch between programs, I use alt+tab and/or the bottom bar (I know how to identify the programs by the icons). Regarding workspace, if you meant ‘desktop numbers’, I only use one. I don’t like multiple desktops. If this isn’t answering your question, please put it in another words!

Wolfman, I noticed you have K3B and Brasero. Does your mini laptop have CD/DVD drive?
Also, are you from Germany?
Just curious!

Nein Xamineh, ich bin nicht aus Deutschland, ich bin einer Englander!. I live in Germany as you have guessed from the weather station locale on my desktop pic!. :smiley:

I have an external USB DVD drive/burner but I have taken to using USB sticks more these days, the DVD drive does come in handy though, I can use some older Linux versions when I want to play around with the stuff that I have on disk!. :smiley:

Ahh, nice! Lucky you, Germany is such a nice place, specially the south! I’ve been around this area you are living in, truly amazing.
Regarding your laptop, good to know. It is always nice to play around with some different distros, however I do it with an USB stick.
I always wondered if there was any small 10 or 11 inches laptop with CD/DVD driver. Never came across any, though.

I now use "Mintstick for USB sticks as it is such a great little app!. (Thanks to @stevecook172001)

http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/mint_main/olivia/main/base/mintstick

You will also need the package “udisks” for Ubuntu 15.10!.

See Ubuntu 15.04 packages here:

http://pkgs.org/download/udisks

2 Likes