My Thoughts on the Homepage *the default one*

i Don’t know how new this is, But i recently noticed that after you install Ubuntu MATE And open up Firefox you get a Nice Ubuntu MATE homepage instead of the Normal Ubuntu homepage something that most distributions don’t do And i got to say Thats its Great! i Love it. didn’t Spend much time Taking a look at it. But correct me if this is already implemented or not. the Site Should remember which Search engine you picked (using cookies) And the homepage Should Have The Option to change language Or if possible By Default if the site detects a Version of ubuntu MATE with lets say French Language. the site will automatically be french or at least give you the option to change. Plus to that ‘system detection’ if lets say you are running an older version it of Ubuntu MATE it would tell you That there is a New version. in a small box at the top.

Just my opinions and my thoughts on how to improve it.
Keep up the good work that’s all i am saying.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve noted down your suggestions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I noticed that too. Not to be a poopie but I use Google stock as home page and I have to keep changing it. I can always use Chrome but I prefer Firefox. Is there any way to change that. I am a die hard MATE user mainly because the menu is much better than the Unity style. Been using Linux since 2009 and never looked back. Still have W/7 because I used ASTC TV tuner and Media Center cant be beat for that. However have the dreaded TWC now so W/7 is gathering dust down there at the bottom of grub. I did upgrade to 16.10 and that worked without a hitch. Haven’t been here logged in for awhile but always read the posts. I try to help if it’s something I can contribute. Never have any trouble with MATE. It’s in my opinion what Ubuntu should be. Cheers.

1 Like