Need Help With .tar.gz Printer Driver

Hello, My Samsung Printer M2835DW/ZAA works fine with the xorg? drivers. The ones that Ubuntu installs when the printer is added. All is wonderful and works till there is a power outage. It’s only for a split second, and then the power is restored. The Printers little blue light comes on but, anything I try to print after the power fails, gets stuck in the Printer Queue. Also none of the buttons work on top of the Printer. I have the M2835DW set up using the USB only.

I go to Printer properties, and I can’t release it to be printed. I have to delete the print job. To get the Printer to work, I have to delete the M2835DW icon, and unplug the printer power…wait…plug it back in then wait for the M2835DW to be found, and it then works.

I was thinking that if I used the Samsung Unified Drivers that it would just work with less issues.

The Samsung Printer M2835DW/XAA has Linux Support. That"s why I bought it. I just don’t want to mess things up trying to install the drivers using the tar ball.

Thank You

I also use a Samsung printer with their Linux drivers, and the installation is actually rather easy.
First unpack the ULD tar.gz file, then run the enclosed ./install-printer.sh script (with sudo).
Afterwards you can configure the printer in MATE Control Center => Printers.

I used to have issues with a missing file on older versions of the driver - I think this should no longer happen, but in case it does and printing a test page should fail, then check the following:
ls /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertosplc

If that file is not found, then the following should fix it:
cd /usr/lib/cups/filter
sudo ln -s rastertospl rastertosplc

Hello maxiumscore,

Here is what I get when trying to use the terminal:

materalph@materalph-System-Product-Name:~$ sudo./install-printer.sh script
bash: sudo./install-printer.sh: No such file or directory
materalph@materalph-System-Product-Name:~$

I unpacked the tar ball on my desktop and then opened ULD file. I need more help…Please

Thanks

Hey, you would need to include a space between ‘sudo’ and the file, as well as removing the ‘script’ at the end.

You should also make sure you are inside the same directory that the file ‘install-printer.sh’ is in. Do this by navigating to said folder, right clicking inside the window and selecting ‘open in terminal’, or alternatively opening a terminal and typing cd /path/to/directory/with/install-printer.sh/inside/it

When you are in the correct directory, type into the terminal: sudo ./install-printer.sh

Hello James, Thank You. In the Terminal it said that the drivers were installed, but when I print a self test page, the print out says “If you can read this you are using the wrong driver for your printer”. Do I have to reboot the computer?

Thanks