Network applet missing from notification area after upgrading from Ubuntu MATE 19.04 to 19.10

Hello.

I just upgraded from Ubuntu MATE 19.04 to 19.10. After the upgrade, the network manager icon, which I had in the notification area until then, was gone. How can I restore it ?

Have you tried adding applets from the "Add to Panel" list ?

yes. the problem is that I don't see the nm-applet on the list. where it is ?

I think it is part of the indicator applet. If not, try to reset the panel and then re-customize it?

where is the indicator applet ? I tried to reset the panel,man. But the nm-applet is still not visible even if I do that.

Maybe it is in one of these packages: gir1.2-matepanelapplet-4.0, gir1.2-appindicator3-0.1, or libappindicator3-1?

For me when I press "Add to Panel...," I have a choice of indicator applet, which shows notfications, battery, network, etc..

Edit: Also maybe this: network-manager-gnome?

I don't think I installed any of these manually, so if you are missing them, you either removed them on purpose or on accident.

I have it already installed. Infact If I open the terminal and I write "nm-applet",it appears on the panel,but when I close the terminal,it disappears.

A workaround is to put the command in the startup applications I guess.

how can I do that ? I'm on Ubuntu 19.10.

You can search for startup applications, but if you don't find it just go to Control Center, then scroll down to Personal, and press Startup Applications.

Make sure you are on the Startup Programs tab, press Add, enter whatever name you want, and the command will be nm-applet, comment doesn't matter.

For the delay, keep it at 0, unless it doesn't work. In which case, try increasing it.

it appears only for a few seconds and then it disappears. and yes,I tried to increase the delay.

check this file : /home/ziomario/.config/autostart

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Network
Comment=Manage your network connections
Icon=nm-device-wireless
Exec=nm-applet
Terminal=false
Type=Application
NoDisplay=true
NotShowIn=KDE;GNOME;
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=NetworkManager
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=nm-applet
X-GNOME-UsesNotifications=true
X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=nm-applet

I suspect that it could be modified in some way,but I don't know how.

I don't know what I did,but now it works. One thing is sure. I've removed the nm-applet from the startup applications because it didn't work.

I've understood what happens : If I start the nm-applet with a sh script and then I run it and I close the terminal,the nm-applet will stick on the taskbar. If I terminate the script,it will disappear.